4300 Commerce Court – Lisle, IL 60532 (630-955-3593)
August 18, 2015
Local Entrepreneurs to be Honored
Twenty–seven local entrepreneurs will be honored in the 16th Annual Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards hosted by the Business Ledger and their sponsoring partners.
The awards will be presented at a reception beginning at 4:30 p.m. to be held on Wednesday, September 16 at the Naperville Campus of Northern Illinois University located at 1120 E. Diehl Rd.
The keynote speaker is Jacqueline Camacho-Ruiz, Making It Happen Director, of JJR Marketing. Jackie is an award-winning entrepreneur, national speaker, philanthropist and author of seven books.
Sponsors for this year’s awards program are: Focus Capital Advisors, Inland Real Estate Group, Northern Illinois University School of Business; B. Gunther & Co.; & JJR Marketing.
Awards will be presented in 7 categories: The honorees will also be profiled in the October 12th issue of the Business Ledger. This year’s honorees are:
- Early Stage: Coleen & Brian Graham, Coleen’s Better Than Breadsticks, Villa Park; Janee Matteson, Kayak Morris, Hinsdale; Linda Murray, Vista Linda Eye Care, Mount Prospect.
- Growth: Henry Matthew Bellagamba, Fullerton Engineering, Rosemont; Chuck Pine, Chuck’s Southern Comforts Café, Darien; Julie Savitt, AMS Earth Movers, Lake Villa.
- Innovation: Mara Hauser, 25N Coworking, Geneva; Michael Heilmann & Lawrence Jordan, Wi-Tronix, LLC, Bolingbrook; David Larsen, Larsen Manufacturing, Mundelein; Maureen O’Brien, Global Women’s Leadership Forum, Batavia.
- Lifetime Achievement: Murray Gordon, MAGA, Ltd., Riverwoods; Diane Middlebrooks, Itasca Bank & Trust Company; Terri Roeslmeier, Automated Business Designs, Rosemont; Roy Spencer, Perma-Seal Basement Systems, Downers Grove.
- Outstanding Service to Entrepreneurs: Austin Dempsey, Fox Valley Entrepreneur Center, Batavia; Nic Zito, Rev3 / Choose DuPage, Naperville.
- Regional Spirit: Ellen Huxtable, Advantage Business Concepts, Batavia.
- Young Entrepreneur (under age of 40): Derek & Gavin Burseth, Burseth Farm, Woodstock; Adam Justice, Grid Connect, Inc., Naperville; Geneva & Rena Pedersen, Treasure Breads, Yorkville; Diana Peters, Symbol Training Institute, Addison; James Ratke, Urban Produce Farms, West Chicago; Matt Zahora, Chicagoland Aviation, Romeoville.
Cost to attend the reception is $55 per person. You must register online at http://www.dhbusinessledger.com no later than September 11. For additional information call Jim Elsener (firstname.lastname@example.org), at 630-955-3593.
The Business Ledger is the leading provider of business news and information about businesses and the economy in suburban Chicago. The Business Ledger is a sister publication to the Daily Herald and part of the Paddock Publications family.